Guide to Best Stability Towing an off-road Caravan
Traveling off-road to out-of-the-way places requires as much attention on the compatibility of the vehicle to the off road caravan as it does the fundamentals of chassis and suspension design.
We have now researched every conceivable aspect of vehicle stability when towing to get to the theory of what causes instability and what the guidelines are to manage it. This was time consuming but the results are conclusive. A comprehensive set of conclusions is included.
This Guide covers the following topics:
- Understanding Vehicle Stability
- Changing a Vehicle Manufacturer’s Suspension /Tyres
- The Role of Tyres in Towing Stability
- The Role of Suspension in Towing Stability
- Towing Stability Recommendations
- Table of Design Constraints of Vehicle to Caravan
- Air Suspension in the Caravan aids Towing Stability
- Speed and Anti-sway devices for towing stability
- Car-Trailer High Speed Stability Report
- Lowest unsprung weight aids towing stability
- Changing a Wheel /Tyre without a Jack
- Driving on 3 Wheels in an Emergency
With the right caravan and vehicle combination, you can travel safely anywhere and experience all of Australia.
Download this eBook to find out more!